Fleet Management Software
- Fleet management software enables people to accomplish a series of specific tasks in the management of any or all aspects relating to a company’s fleet of vehicles.
- These specific tasks encompass all operations from vehicle acquisition to disposal.
- Fleet management incorporates many different functions, such as telematics, vehicle maintenance and finance, vehicle tracking and diagnostics, fuel management and management of the fleet drivers.
- Prolong the life of fleet vehicles.
- Improve fleet productivity whilst also reducing costs and increasing profits.
- Benefits of FMS
- 1.TIME MANAGEMENT IMPROVEMENT
Fleet management improves productivity by saving time not only to drivers or mechanics, but also to administrators and managers.
- GPS tracking gives the possibility to plan routes efficiently, to receive traffic updates and to predict the time of departure and arrival.
- In fleet management, GPS trackers ameliorate the time management and help both dispatchers and drivers to optimize their working schedule.
- Mechanics can easily access the repair history. At the same time, all the data related to fuel, maintanance and transport are monitored and
available to fleet managers.
- FUEL MANAGEMENT
One of the greatest advantages of fleet management is the possibility of reducing costs through various functionalities.
- The fuel information,together with an efficient route planning, leads to optimizing the fuel consumption and the excessive idle time costs.
- Tracking systems will be also useful for planning the refuel locations. Dispatchers can see in real time where each vehicle or asset is located in order to plan the most convenient route.
- Another advantage of fleet management is that some systems provide traffic information,
which can be helpful to avoid wasting time and fuel in traffic jams.
- BETTER CUSTOMER SERVICE
Through integrated tracking systems, customers get real-time information about the location of their assets. Furthermore, they receive their cargo safely and on time due to efficient time planning.
- This improves the overall customer satisfaction and may lead to a long term involvement, meaning
a long-term revenue.
- EMPLOYEES’ SATISFACTION
Integrating fleet management systems requires dedication from both the employer and the employee.
- An efficient information flow is important for the successful implementation of the system.
- This means that the features of the fleet management system should be well communicated to the
- INSURANCE COSTS REDUCTION
The theft prevention option decreases the insurance cost due to the risk of loss reduction. Furthermore, in a long term perspective fleet management systems improve road safety and reduce accident rates, which will further reduce the cost of insurance.
- SAVINGS ON MAINTENANCE COSTS
Cutting costs associated with vehicle maintenance is possible due to optimized usage and amortization of the means of transport.
- Some fleet management systems allow notifications based on calendar time, mileage or other chosen criteria.